There’s an elephant in the room… and in the church. Gluttony: the sin of eating too much food, and eating for the wrong reason. The natural consequences of social embarrassment, health problems, and obesity plague many families these days but no one wants to talk about the underlying respectable sin. When pastor Eric Harvey’s family faces a crisis, Eric turns to the Bible for perspective and answers. What he learns launches his family and his church on a ten-week challenge full of laughter and tears, prayers and sweat, and even coffee and homemade pastries. Some members react with anger, some with doubt, others with enthusiasm – like Nick Saint, their very own professional Santa. Hearts and lives are changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ and by true repentance. Some people will lose weight, too.
“Elephant in the Room” is the first Christian fiction novel written by Kristen Harper.
Why did I write a novel about the challenging personal issue of bad eating habits? My answer…
“If people who struggle with bad eating habits read my book, “Elephant in the Room,” they will find hope and wisdom from the Bible to change their unhealthy attitude about food, to take practical steps to defeat gluttony, and to find love and satisfaction through God’s gift of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ.”
Read what other readers and reviewers have said about my first Christian fiction novel, “Elephant in the Room,” on my page of Endorsements.
Are you reading “Elephant in the Room” with a group? CLICK HERE to use my Book Club Discussion Questions.
Check out these short videos and blogs about my first Book Launch:
- Elephant in the Room Launch video 1
- Elephant in the Room Launch video 2
- Elephant in the Room Launch video 3
- Book Launch Party!
Recommended blog posts about Hot Topics covered in my Christian fiction novel, “Elephant in the Room”:
- How to Make a Gift Bag for the Needy
- Who Should Read This Book?
- How To Eat A Cookie to the Glory of God
- Bible Verse Art featuring my favorite Top Ten Bible Verses about Food and Eating.
- How Many I’s in Edit? about the process of editing a book.
- Food for Thought with my Top 5 Bible verses about food.
- Is That Character Based On a Real Person?
- The Elephant Idiom with an excerpt from my book.
- Meet Nick Saint about an interesting character in the novel.
- Let’s Talk about Santa Claus about talking to your children about this legend.
You might also want to read some of my blog posts about Nutrition, Health and Fitness:
- Plan for Thanksgiving – Feast Your Mind on the Bible
- Plan for Thanksgiving – The Food of the Feast
- Plan for Thanksgiving – Feast with People
- The Duty of Moderation
- Food for Thought
- What is a Food Tightwad? (part 1)
- What is a Food Tightwad? (part 2)
- 5 Weekly Rituals for Eating Less
- 5 Daily Rituals for Eating Less
- I Could Use Some Oxygen about the joys of breathing.
- Fidget about burning calories by our little movements.
Is it difficult for you to read and talk about bad eating habits? Do you need help and encouragement in this area? I hope my book will benefit you! Please leave your comments below.