Have you already forgotten all of your New Year’s resolutions because you didn’t write them down? Or maybe you’ve already given up after a few weeks because you’ve blown your good intentions and returned to your bad habits. Don’t give up yet! I’ve made one more short video in this series about making and keeping your resolutions.
Many people make New Year’s Resolutions about changing their eating habits and physical fitness, but after a few weeks or months, statistics show that most people have given up their resolutions. Some people simply forgot their goals because they didn’t write them down. Some had big ideas but no clear plans for actionable steps or ways to measure their progress. But most people give up their resolution for the entire year after one bad day.
In my Christian fiction novel, “Elephant in the Room,” I wrote two scenes (chapter 20 and chapter 23) when a character is tempted to binge on food. In one example, the character blows it and has to figure out how to get back on track. So what do we all need in order to start again after we fail?
We need to repent of our sin before God and enjoy His forgiveness and hope for the future. 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Then we can start again, with God’s help, to do the right thing.
I offer lots of resources on my website about making resolutions about food and physical fitness, but only God offers forgiveness and hope. If you are a Christian, I encourage you to spend time with God in prayerful repentance. If you’re not a Christian but would like to know more about God’s forgiveness and hope, then read your Bible and find a local church that preaches the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ. Here’s my summary of The Gospel.
Other Helpful Resources about Making Fitness Resolutions:
- Don’t Make That Resolution…Yet – article and video
- Motivate Your Resolution article and video
- How To Eat A Cookie to the Glory of God article
- 5 Daily Rituals for Eating Less article
- 5 Weekly Rituals for Eating Less article
- Free download copy of “Writing My Resolution”
- Free download copy of “Writing My Resolution for Physical Fitness”
- Free download copy of “My Mortifying Sin Worksheet”
- My Top 10 Favorite Bible Verses about Food and Eating
- CLICK HERE to view a page of Bible Verse Art of My Favorite Top 10 Bible Verses about Food and Eating
- Buy my Christian fiction novel, “Elephant in the Room,” directly from my publisher, Dove Christian Publishing, by CLICKING HERE or CLICK HERE to buy the book on Amazon
I invite you to join me starting on May 1 for a 30-day food challenge when we will keep a food log, simply calculate our carbohydrate intake, and make changes to our eating habits to glorify God and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Click HERE for more information about the food challenge starting soon!