Today’s Book Club Discussion Question is the hot topic of my Christian fiction novel “Elephant in the Room”: gluttony.
#5 – Gluttony
- Write out a definition of gluttony.
- Do you agree with my definition that gluttony is eating too much food or eating for the wrong reason?
- Discuss some examples of gluttonous habits from the book or your own life.
- Do you agree with my position in the book that gluttony is a sin?
- Do you understand the remedy for sin, both permanently through salvation and temporally through sanctification?
Does reading, writing and talking about gluttony make you uncomfortable? We cringe because we know it’s a real problem, but it’s such a personal one. Talking about it will help us to clearly identify our heart issues before looking for an effective remedy.
Please contribute your favorite Bible verses to help us identify and deal with this important issue. By commenting below, you will join the discussion on gluttony. Thank you.